9/10/2012

The addicted me: A big possibilitea


Hi! My name is K. Abarquezzi and I'm an addict.

Lately, I have been very fond of taking this thing that I am addicted of. I take it when I wake up, at the middle of the day, before going to bed and sometimes, at the break of dawn. There are times that I try to take it off my mind but I really can't. I guess, for the first time in my life, I am addicted to something. My friends does not want to take it and they even stare at me while using it. Now, I'm learning how to plant it so that it will grow pretty and I will have lots of it at home.

But don't worry, it's not something very bad. It's Green Tea, silly!

Before, I was a big coffee drinker but decided to quit because I always feel hungry after drinking it. It also gives that sweet smelling stink in my mouth which I really don't like. I'm not sure if I'm the only one who's feeling that. 

When I switched to drinking Green Tea, I saw some very impressive results on my 2nd day of drinking it. Because I have this thing near my ring finger for a year now. It's like a rock inside me and it keeps getting bigger everyday and sometimes, it also hurts. A doctor has checked it one time and she was not sure what it was. She told me to see another doctor but I didn't bother to go find one. LOL! 

The good news is, the rock feeling thing near my ring finger is slowly going away now and I can't even feel it anymore. Hopefully it won't come back and worst case scenario, transfer on my face. Thanks to green tea, doctors won't have to operate on my finger and I can still play my favorite string instruments!

I have done some mild research about it and here are some healthy benefits of drinking tea:

  1. It has polyphenols and that's a type of antioxidant. Antioxidant is an ingredient that may protect our cells from free radicals. A damage with the free radical can lead to cancer.
  2. It fights aging. Long live peter pan!
  3. Reduces heart disease.
  4. Good for your teeth as it will help kill bacteria. Therefore, hello fresh breath for you.
  5. It speeds up your metabolism. Specifically, it burns the belly fat. Good for people who are undergoing weight loss.
  6. It calms and energizes you.
  7. It is used for treating rheumatoid arthritis. That's a disease that will lead to swelling of your joints and surrounding tissues.
  8. It prevents memory loss.
  9. Improves urinary function.
  10. Boost your immune system.
  11. Lowers bad cholesterol.

Those are just some of the many benefits of drinking tea and you may Google them if you want to know more. I just want to share it since it has done a good thing to me. This is one addiction that I think, I won't ever stop. 

That's my angry bird mug given by a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment