5/17/2012

Big Balloons at Pampanga

In 2011, I was not able to go to Pampanga’s 16th Hot Air Balloon Festival because I was so busy wasting my time at work. So I promised myself that I should be there for the 2012 event. It was not that easy though, because there were a lot of changes where I work and I almost cancelled the trip. But I told myself, “WTF, to heck with that fickle minded company”. And, I really went to Pampanga on Feb. 8, 2012. 

Our first night was weird, because we stayed at a small pension house called 9fiveO at Field Avenue and we just found out that it’s inside a convenience store. I thought it was cool since you get to buy anything you need downstairs and the place doesn’t cost that much. The room was only P1, 400 per night. My first night at Pampanga was not that special, we just ate dinner at a mall, went back to our room and oh by the way, there were a lot of hookers at every corner of the street near the place where we stayed.  LOL!

On our 2nd day, we woke up very early so that we can find a good spot for the 17th Hot Air Balloon event. It was a cold early morning and I loved it. We paid an entrance fee of only P250 each and a few hours later; they let the big balloons fly. That was the first time I saw hot air balloons and it was really amazing. I was such a Happy Litse that day. At 10 AM, we left the event for our other trip and it was in Subic. So from the place where we stayed, we went back to Main Gate near Jollibee (it’s a terminal near Field Avenue), rode a Clark- Dau jeep for P8.00 each, we stopped at Caltex Terminal then went near Mabalacat Terminal to look for a bus or van that will go to Olongapo. We took an FX ride for only P130 per person and goodbye Pampanga we did! This trip was not costly, I guess I already enjoyed Pampanga for only P1, 300.  I am so coming back and here are the balloon overload!



























3 comments: